Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vegan Quinoa Banana Bread


This is a quick post for my HEALer friend Lena (and everywhere else out there interested in trying this recipe, which I highly suggest you do!)

I semi-invented these super delicious banana cookies, which I found by mixing a few recipes together.

I knew I didn't want to use flour or too many other artificial ingredients, and I also knew that I had some quinoa (used instead of rolled oats in the other recipes), and that I also wanted to involve chocolate somewhere in between ;) 

Here's the recipe:
-3 mashed over ripe bananas (the riper the sweeter)
-2 cups cooked quinoa
-1 heaping spoon of peanut butter
-a handful of walnuts
-a handful of dark chocolate chips/chopped pieces
-2 tsp. flax
-a dash of cinammon
 -shredded coconut flakes on top

Mix together, and put into your oven set at 350.

Bake for about 20 min, and you'll notice them browning when they're finished. 

So more or less, they should look like these:


FYI if you don't like coconut, walnuts, chocolate you can substitute it with something else. Maybe some other fruit, like mashed strawberries or blueberries? Yum...

Basically your 2 main ingredients are the banana and quinoa. The peanut butter does help make it more adhesive, but its not necessary. Sun butter, anyone?

Another tip: Make sure they are completely cooled before you take them off your pan! They tend to fall apart easily when still warm, so let them take their form. 

 Another fun part is that you can make this into anything, cookies, cupcakes, bread, all you need are the right materials to do it.

OK now seriously stop reading and try this recipe now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment