Saturday, May 25, 2013

Healing Spices: Acne


My post today was inspired by a personal issue. 

My acne.

Its no biggie, but still, its annoying. 

Since I'm not 15 and in puberty anymore, I decided its time for it to go. 

So, naturally, over the years I have tried different prescriptions and while at first it would help, like Proactiv, but eventually I would become resistant and I would be back where I started.

Then,  I learned that maybe its not about treating the skin from the outside, but from the inside. 

Our skin is part of our connective tissue, and there are layers upon tissue that form to make it. 

Since everything is connected, its only natural that the appearance of your skin reflects how you treat yourself from the inside. IE; dry skin and dehydration, smoking causing wrinkles, rash with food allergies. 

Therefore,
Changing what you consume can cause a profound change in the appearance of your skin. 

Lets get to it. 

I've got a new book I just ordered on Amazon, called Healing Spices by Bharat Aggarwal, PHD. 

She's an Indian Dr. and knows her stuff with knowledge in both Eastern and Western medicine. 

She claims, and supports with evidence, that including certain spices in your food can help alleviate certain health problems. Like anything ranging from denture problems to depression.

I think its pretty cool. And WAY better and perhaps even more effective than modern day medicine,
 plus no side effects!

Although I've only had it for about 1 week, already I have shared this with my clients at work, and have made photocopies of the pages for their specific health issue. 
Issues like Parkinsons, Diabetes, and Osteo-arthritis to be exact. 

So today, I decided to help myself. 

Under acne it listed: 

Basil, Coconut, Turmeric

In the next few posts, I will go into detail for each spice, where to find it, how to store it, what to make with it, etc etc.

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment