Thursday, May 1, 2014

BBQ Chicken Pizza, GF

So last night I decided to make pizza with cauliflower crust, it seems to be all the rage in the gluten free community so I decided to give it a shot. Time-wise it took me a while to prep, but it was so worth it in the end. I made a couple mistakes in the process so I know what to do to make it better for next time. Here's what I did and how I would change it to make it even better:

Step 1: Chop cauliflower into tiny pieces. This was the most tedious part of the whole process. I had to mince the cauliflower into the tiniest pieces that I could. If I were to do this again, I would probably just put the parts of the cauliflower into the blender or a food processor to speed it up.
Then, microwave the cauliflower for 10 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.

Step 2: Mince garlic (as much as you want, I used 6 cloves) and add to cauliflower. Then add 2 eggs and 1 cup cheese. Mix well. Spread out on a well greased baking sheet into a pizza dough shape and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees. I baked it for about 12 and it seemed to be just right, the edges turned brown and it was boiling. ** My mistake** was putting it on aluminum foil. I thought that it would be easier to get remove, but it ended up being that it became a huge challenge!

Step 3: Add toppings. Mine were: Cooked chicken, cooked bacon, spinach, cheese, bbq sauce, onions, and bell peppers ( I added the bell peppers after the pizza was done because I like them fresh and crunchy) Then bake for another 15 or so minutes at 400 degrees.

Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Pour yourself a glass of red wine and enjoy the fruits of your labor. If you followed directions, you will come out with a delicious and nutritious pizza that your whole family can enjoy. This pizza fed my boyfriend and I VERY well, and with a nice side salad would be probably be able to feed 3 or 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment