Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Update

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give the world an update on my latest news. And also practice my writing skills. So even if nobody reads this, that's totally ok! I'm doing this for myself. But if you decide to read, I am glad you are sharing your time here with me.

So first of all, I have a new job. Remember the job I had teaching cooking classes to kids? That was such a joy, but its over. The politics of the company got out of hand. If there's one thing I learned from that experience, it is to make sure that you know what you are getting into! Without saying too much, it was definitely a great experience, and I learned a lot about myself. I also learned what I'm worth.

Hence...my new job, and potential career! I'm back working in the gym like before, but this gym is different. Instead of giving me 30% of profit they give me 65%. And unlike the last gym, I am in charge of doing initial assessments, and have the ability to teach classes too!! Also...if I work full time here (min is 32 hours) I get to enroll myself in benefits, 401k, and vacation pay. Awesome, right? Jealous? Don't be. It took me a while to get where I am now. And lots of underpaid jobs before this one. But without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. I also had lots of doubt going back into the fitness field...I always heard "You're never going to make it as a personal trainer, you need to get a real job." Well...I don't know if I plan on doing this for the rest of my life, but I definitely think that I found something substantial. And if I do decide to move on and do something else (OT, maybe?) then I have this job to pay the bills.

Until then...I'm going to stick around for a bit and see what I can do. Or should I say, see the change the I can make at this place. This is one of those things that I believe I was put on this planet for, changing peoples lives. So far, I have done well! I have been printing recipes for people, teaching a class once a week, and am currently working on writing an article for Active Family Magazine.

When I was younger, I always knew I wanted to help people. And I thought that the only way to do that is to become a nurse or a doctor. But that's totally not true! Ok so I'm not performing surgery or changing diapers on adults every day, but I am making people feel better and giving them a boost of confidence. I see myself as a teacher, physical therapist, sometimes mental therapist, nutrition coach, and much more. I'm so much more than a yelling coach, I'm mindful, intelligent, and nurturing.
First of all, I engage with them and do the workout with them if I can. Then, I make people smile. There are so many stressed out people in this world. If I could help people get less stressed, then I feel like I am making the world a better place. I'm addicted to seeing positive change in people.

On the home front, I've been living with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. And recently, my mom (who's also my landlord) told us we need to move out! So we will be moving in the next couple months or so. Although I can rant about how terrible it is, I won't. I am just so happy to have someone in my life that I can fully depend on. I never knew that having a boyfriend would give me more than just an occasional flirt or booty slap (even though that is common in my household) but he's also been the shoulder I cry on, and the rock that I need when things aren't going right. He's my friend too, which makes it so much better. We can be silly together, and not take life too seriously.

So from here on out, I'll try to include more about my personal life, but still keep things light and fitness and food oriented. So I hope everyone enjoyed my post, and I look forward to writing more again in the future. :)

Best,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment